TPM U is an educational series provided to TPM members free of charge. For more information or to register for one of these classes, please go to the TPM website’s “Membership” Tab (http://www.timberassociation.com) or call (509) 535-4646. Registration is limited to 50 computers per webinar.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 1:30 PM (PDT)
More workplace accidents occur in confined spaces than in any other setting. OSHA defines a confined space as: “Any area that is not designed for continuous occupancy that is large enough for an employee to enter and perform work and there is limited or restricted means for entry and exit.”
Employees operating in confined spaces face risks of injury and death because of possible engulfment, entrapment, oxygen deficiency, oxygen enrichment, and toxic fumes. If any of your employees work in confined spaces, this webinar can help provide the initial and annual safety training that is required by OSHA.
Friday, October 7, 2022 3:00 PM (PDT)
This webinar will discuss:
- Return to work of persons with occupational injury and application of the direct threat standard;
- Reasonable accommodation for persons with disability-related occupational injuries;
- Light duty issues and Exclusive remedy provisions in workers’ compensation laws.
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 1:30 PM (PDT)
If any of your employees could come into contact with Bloodborne Pathogens (1st Aid/CPR providers), this webinar can help provide the initial and annual safety training that is required by OSHA.
The Objectives of this webinar are:
- Define bloodborne pathogens and modes of transmission
- Describe methods to control bloodborne pathogen hazards
- Define standard precautions
- List the steps to follow if you become exposed to blood or other potentially infected body fluids
Friday, November 4, 2022 3:00 PM (PDT)
- This webinar will discuss:
- Intermittent leave;
- Medical certification;
- Employer obligations;
- Denial of leave and termination;
- Employees’ two categories of lawsuits against employer for violation of FMLA